Friday, October 22, 2010

Look Back

This was a Facebook game I posted in my "Notes" on February 4, 2009 titled "25 Things About Me," in no particular order. Came across it today. Thought it would be fun to take a look back and see how far we've come! (Updates in green.)

1. I love the Imagination Movers and I'm watching them right now- with the boys, of course. If you have toddlers/preschoolers, you know who I'm talking about. Their music is Groovy! :o)

What can I say? Phases aren't just for kids.

2. I haven't told my husband yet, but I've got baby fever again... BAD! I'm so ready to try for #3.

Addie. Need I say more? ;o)

3. I never thought I was a big-dog person. Now, I have 4 Greyhounds living in my house and I realize I'm really not a big-dog person- I'm a Greyhound person! (They're not dogs; they're Greyhounds! There is a difference!)

Our grey-babies (2 of the 4 above were our pets; 2 were fosters) were rehomed when the Coast Guard moved us to Virginia. Now renters, we weren't able to have 3 dogs; 2 over 50 lbs. "Broken heart" describes it best.

4. I have the best Chihuahua in the world, too! Her name is Juno, but she only responds to "Junebug."

Junebug is still the best Chihuahua in the world, although I should disclose that she is part Min Pin as well. She misses the greyhounds very much, especially in the chilly Virginia fall nights.

5. You know how some men are attracted to butts, boobs, or other "sexy" women features? Well, my boys will most likely carry their love for bellies (and I don't mean the 6-pack-abs kind) into their adulthood. Someday, I'll have to explain and apologize to my daughters-in-law!

I guess a "Belly Blog" is the only thing that will explain this one! Stay tuned for that funny story!

6. Coco will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. I'm pretending to be brave, but I don't know what Juju and I are going to do during the days without him!

Coco is in 1st grade now. My "Be Brave" moment this year was letting him ride the school bus.

7. Though I've failed at numerous Direct Sales opportunities (Party Lite, Stampin' Up, and Creative Memories), I'm giving it another go with Thirty One Gifts. Ask me about it!

I'm no longer doing Thirty One (my status is currently "inactive"), but it wasn't a failure. After a year of successful parties, a new baby, and a relocation, I decided to retire. :o)

8. My parents (all 4) were not perfect, but perfection is overrated. They made me who I am today- full of imperfections myself, and I'm OK with that. The most important thing I've learned? I've learned to recognize people's best qualities, as well as their flaws and love them FOR these- not inspite of them.

I'd also like to add that being a "friend" is about working through the tough stuff. You may not always agree or be happy with the other person. What makes you true friends is coming out on this other side stronger. Walking away is NOT an option! I am blessed to have a few of these.

9. I'm almost thirty, but I'm still learning new things everyday; including who I am.

I'm thirty-one years one month and two days old now, and I'd say I've learned more about myself in the last few years than all of the previous years put together. Your twenties are highly overrated.

10. The most difficult thing about being a military wife and moving around is knowing when to hold back- guard yourself- when meeting new people. That may sound strange, but I've learned being an open book is NOT a good thing. I've been burned by the most unexpected people/things.

11. One day, I WILL BE organized! Hopefully with the help of my friend's "Clutter Keeper."

It's a work in progress!

12. I have a lot of great ideas, but I'm horrible at follow through.

13. I love being a stay-at-home mom and wife. It is the most important job,... but I don't want to get lost in it.

Balance. I have found my balance.

14. I move furniture around on a regular basis to feel refreshed. I think it drives CJ a little crazy!

15. Thrift store shopping is the best! There's nothing like going on a "treasure hunt" with Coco and Juju.

16. I'll always have a special place in my heart for Texas, but I've really fallen in love with Mobile, AL!

I'm loving Virginia this time around, too! It was just so hard to let go of Texas and all our family the first time around that I don't think I gave VA a chance.

17. I didn't make a New Year's Resolution... I make resolutions everyday that I struggle to fullfill.

18. I measure success in happiness.

19. I read more now than I ever read in school. My favorite books are all "Chick Lit."

20. My favorite days are cold, clear winter days with a gentle wind- days just like today!

And today!

21. I'm a little jealous of the opportunities my younger sisters have, but mostly I'm happy for them and very proud of them! I hope they've learned from my mistakes.

But more than that, I hope they just live.

22. Someday, I will meet a certain little boy and he will KNOW me.

He's not so little anymore, but he does know me now. My world is whole again!

23. I love the sound of my children giggling.

24. I love the peace and serenity of a beach when I'm the only one there. No touristy beaches for me- something with a local feel to it, like Dauphin Island.

25. Every women holds a secret close to her heart. Mine is... you didn't really think I was going to tell you, did you?


No comments:

Post a Comment