Monday, October 18, 2010

Boys Are Too Funny (and Gross)

I have to warn you, this story falls under the TMI category, but it was too funny not to share. :o)

Just moments ago, Juju told me with the most serious of faces, "Mommy, I didn't know butts could make colors!"

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, because I truly had no idea what he meant. In my best Mommy's-trying-to-be-calm voice with every worst case scenario running through my mind I asked, "What do you mean?"

"Well, I just went poo and it was green... really green!"

I know this may sound strange to anyone without children, but hearing "green poo" was best case scenario here. I was sure he meant something far worse involving tushies and paints and, more than likely carpets or walls. You just never know with the frat boys I have running around this house!

So, after I had a good laugh, I reminded him he had had a blue raspberry Italian Ice at a Hunt Club birthday party yesterday. Naturally, (maybe "unnaturally" would be more appropriate here) the massive amounts of blue dye in any frozen treat will, as we've experienced so often in the past, turn poo green. You'd think they could just add the flavoring! But, what fun would it be if your customers didn't experience the Smurf faces, hours of soaking laundry, and, of course, the green poo?

A little side note here- CJ bought two Italian Ices that day. In addition to the bright blue raspberry for Juju, he allowed Coco to get the really red cherry despite the other color/flavor combos being a colorless lemon and a dull orange colored mango. I'm all for fun, but I shamelessly (and for selfish reasons) encourage the low dye flavors. Can you tell who does the laundry and wipes the butts in our home?

Anyway, that's my little ditty for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment