Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bowen's Heart

The radio dial in my car is set to K-love, a Christian radio station that is broadcast nationally. The music lifts me up each day with positive lyrics and encouraging stories of God's love. Emmersing my family in the powerful message of God's wonder just seems like a great way to start off every day.

Recently, on the Lisa & Eric show, I was introduced to a powerful story of one family's struggle with their newborn baby boy's diaginosis of a rare congenital heart defect- a life threatening defect. Baby Bowen was born already fighting for his life and faced a major heart surgery shortly after birth. The Hammitt family's trust in the Lord, their faith, and their strength is more than amazing, and then their willingness to share these most intimate moments is awe inspiring. I urge you to visit their blog at http://www.bowensheart.com/ and follow their story. Pray for them... pray with them. Let this family's struggle and the faith they have to conquer it move you, as it has moved me.

No comments:

Post a Comment