Friday, September 10, 2010

TGIF

Due to a bit of writer's block, I've been unable to blog about a few things I've been thinking about lately, so I've decided to take a different approach to it. Today, I'm just adding a few random blurbs in Twitter-like fashion (only without character limits) to share our Friday with you.

5:40 a.m. Addie is awake (for the 3rd time). No one else is.

5:41 a.m. Everyone is awake... and wishing baby teeth would just come in already!

5:42 a.m. My determination to make the morning go smoothly despite a rough start kicks into overdrive.

7:11 a.m. Walk Coco to the bus stop. Last day of the first week of school. *Sigh!* Momma's finally not feeling so crazy now that (the 2 biggest of) my little boogers have something to do during the day.

7:36 a.m. Bought a new kitchen gadget last week and it's getting its daily workout. I heart smoothies!

7:38 a.m. This Weight Watcher thing's not so bad. Too bad I didn't stick with it through the move; I might've been 15 lbs lighter already! Oh well,... you have to [re]start somewhere. Carpe diem, right?

8:00 a.m. Just have to post a status update to my Alabama Facebook friends about how wonderful our weather is here. Currently 62 with a high today of 80. *Another sigh!* I think we'll visit the zoo today!

8:51 a.m. Four jealous FB friends have posted comments! :o) I'm expecting a few more before the end of the day.

9:00 a.m. Addie (unwillingly) goes down for a nap. Got to get ready while I can,... and watch a little 7th Heaven. I know, but I'm a sucker for sappy family TV. Thank you, WGN for the Camden family reruns!

10:20 a.m Juju's a happy camper- Preschool's only 3 half-days a week, leaving 2 to spend with Momma & Addie. It's the best of both worlds! Momma's a happy camper- no midday Preschool pick up on Fridays (or Mondays). To the zoo we go!

11:01 a.m. Lunch in the Okavango Delta. Weight Watcher challenge #1- find something on the menu to eat that doesn't "cost" 100 points. Grilled chicken sandwich (plain) sounds OK, but how does it taste? Turns out, pretty good! Chicken nuggets & fries for the picky 4 year old.



11:26 a.m. Laugh at the momma giraffe for eating off the ground when there's a full feeding post right next to her.

11:39 a.m. Laugh at the elephant for throwing dust all over herself and then laugh again when it blows into us.

12:34 p.m. Laugh at the goose wandering around the zoo, as if taunting the captive animals.


12:42 p.m. Laugh at the turkey while running from him!

1:00 p.m. Laugh at the Squirrel Monkeys laughing at Juju.

1:11 p.m. Laugh at myself for leaving Juju on the 6' Tortoise statue as I head for the gates.

1:12 p.m. CJ calls as we walk to the car. He's on his way home, too! My Coastie has an awesome work schedule!

2:45 p.m. Coco jumps off the bus and runs at me, arms open wide. "Mommy, I missed you!" [insert tearfully happy emoticon here.] Hoping Juju doesn't spill the beans about our zoo trip just yet.

3:39 p.m. Addie's down for Nap, Round 2, CJ is taking his Friday afternoon snooze, and the big boys are watching PBS Kids. *Yet another sigh!*

5:04 p.m. Hunger is taking over and I've got WW points to spend! Buffalo Wild Wings isn't exactly Weight Watcher friendly, but I have 21 points to spend!

5:21 p.m. Mmmmmm! (Sorry, my mouth's full!)

6:00 p.m. Full bellies. We're walking it off at Target then heading home for a few snuggles before bedtime. It's the highlight of my day.

8:30 p.m. Tuck my babies into bed! "I love you to the moon & back!" to which they respond, "I love you to the moon in the front!" The way children think always makes me smile. :o)

8:30 p.m. + 30 seconds My babies are sound asleep! First week of school has been exhausting!

8:31 p.m. An important time of night- enjoying the company of my husband. Getting and giving undivided attention. (Well, sometimes I compete with the TV!)

10:00 p.m. Thank You, Lord for peaceful, happy, beautiful Fridays and the wonderful family You've given me to spend them with!

(And thank you for sharing it with me!)

No comments:

Post a Comment